Perfect for the upcoming holidays, this Sweet Potato Cake will leave you with a taste of the season and a sweet surprise. Serve for dessert after your Thanksgiving dinner and save leftovers for when you're craving that sweet and savory flavor combination.
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup sweet potato puree
- 4 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 teaspoon vanilla extract
- (Up to) 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven 350 F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs and vegetable oil.
- Sift together flour, cinnamon and baking powder.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture. Whisk until well blended.
- Add in the sweet potato puree and continue mixing.
- Pour batter into one, 6-inch buttered cake pan.
- Bake for 40 min.
- While cakes are in the oven, in a large bowl, using a handheld or stand mixer (fitted with a whisk), beat the butter on medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- With the mixer running on low, add confections' sugar, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Increase to high speed and beat for 3 minutes.
- Taste. Add an extra pinch of salt if needed.
- Once the cake is done, place on a rack to cool, then run a knife around the edges and place it on a plate to frost.
- Spread buttercream in between each cake layer.
- Apply #ChefanieSheet & enjoy!
Active Time 35 minutes. Total Time 1 hour.