Easy Apple Turnovers!
Like apple pie? Then you'll love these apple turnovers. And guess what -- they're so much easier to make!
- 4 medium apples, peeled and diced
- 2 T unsalted butter
- 1/2 packed cup brown sugar
- 2 t ground cinnamon
- 1 frozen puff pastry sheet, thawed
- 2 t cornstarch
- 1 egg
- 1 t water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line one pastry sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a saucepan on medium-high heat, heat apples, butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and cornstarch until mixture is boiling.
- When mixture is to a boil, lower heat and let simmer until mixture is thick and apples are tender. This should take about 5 min.
- Once mixture is ready, set aside to cool.
- Flour work surface and roll out puff pastry until it is approx. a 15in square.
- Cut puff pastry into 4 smaller pieces.
- Use egg and water to make an egg wash. Simply whisk two ingredients with a fork.
- Paint egg wash onto each puff pastry square.
- Spoon apple mixture into the center of each puff pastry square.
- Add apple mixture to the center of each puff pastry square.
- Fold puff pastry over apple mixture in a triangular fashion and crimp edges with a fork.
- Egg wash the top of each turn over and then make small diagonal incisions on the top of each turn over to allow ventilation.
- Bake turnovers on parchment paper lined baking sheet for 20-30 min. until turnovers are golden brown.
- Lightly frost with your favorite frosting and cover with a #ChefanieSheet!