• 1 Bunch of asparagus (trimmed, with white bottoms removed)
• 1 T olive oil
• pinch of pepper
• 2 eggs (one per person)
• White wine vinegar
• Preheat oven to 400.
• In a casserole large enough for all your asparagus, lay them flat across surface.
• Pour oil across until well coated & mix around casserole thoroughly.
• Sprinkle with salt
• Roast in oven for 20 minutes, or until a sharp knife cuts through thickest point of asparagus effortlessly.
• While asparagus are in the oven, heat half a pot of hot water over the stove, add a teaspoon of salt and a teaspoon vinegar
• Gently crack each egg into a ramekin
• When the water is beginning to bubble, but not boiling, pour each egg into the water, just above the water level.
• Create a little movement in the water by stirring the pot very gently.
• Once the egg whites have become opaque (above 1.5 minutes), gently with a large slotted spoon remove egg from the pot and place in a safe surface to drain water.
• Remove asparagus and prepare on plate, then with a fragile hand place egg over over asparagus. Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
15 minutes active time, 40 minutes total time. Serves 2.