• 3/4 cup almond paste
• 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
• 3 eggs at room temperature
• 1 stick softened butter
• 2 tsp. vanilla
• ½ tsp. baking powder
• ½ cup flour
• 8 oz. Mascarpone Cheese
• ½ cup confectioner's sugar
• 1 tsp. espresso
• 2 tsp. coco powder
- Preheat oven to 350
- Prepare 2 or 3 4-inch cake pans by spraying with canola oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine almond paste with sugar until forms a grainy paste.
- In the following order, gradually mix in vanilla, baking powder, butter & eggs until smooth.
- Add flour mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pans and bake for 30 minutes.
- While cake is baking, combine Mascarpone Cheese and sugar until thick and fluffy.
- Allow cake to cool for 15 minutes and then remove from pan.
- Once the cakes have cooled, “brush” them: drizzle espresso over each cake, so the top is wet, but not soggy.
- Spread Mascarpone Icing in between each layer and sprinkle with coco powder
- Spread Mascarpone Icing around the cake layers.
- Apply #ChefanieSheet & enjoy!
20 minutes active time, 1 hour total time. Serves 6.
Note: This cake batter is enough for 3 4-inch cake pans.