These days, people follow diverse diets, and when I go to a party where I will not know all of the guests, I want to bring something that everyone will enjoy. Cue Vegan, Gluten-Free Carrot Cake. This recipe is inspired by Gimme Some Oven & is so perfectly moist and delicious! You and all of your guests will enjoy it, especially if it is dressed in a WOW Chefanie Sheet.
• 1 1/4 cups gluten-free flour
• 4 1/2 t pumpkin pie spice
• 5/8 t baking powder
• 5/8 t baking soda
• 1 t salt
• ½ pound carrots, peeled
• 6 T granulated sugar
• ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
• 2 flax eggs (½ cup ground flaxmeal and 6 T water, stirred until combined)
• 6 T vegetable oil
Gluten Free Creamy Vegan Frosting:
• 4 cups powdered sugar
• 3/4 cup vegan butter
• 1 ½ T almond milk
• ½ T apple cider vinegar
• 1 ½ t vanilla extract
• ½ t lemon juice
• ½ t pinch salt
• Preheat oven to 350
• Prepare 4 or 5 4-inch cake pans by spraying with canola oil.
• In a large bowl, whisk together gluten-free flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt until combined.
• In a food processor fitted with the large shredding disk, shred carrots. Then transfer them to the mixing bowl with the flour.
• Clean food processor, add granulated sugar, brown sugar and flax eggs and process until frothy and throughly combined
• With processor running, add oil in a steady stream.
• Transfer egg mixture to large bowl with the carrots and flour. Stir until thoroughly combined.
• Pour batter into prepared pans and bake for 30 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
• While the cake is in the oven, whisk together ingredients for cream cheese frosting until fluffy.
• Allow cakes to cool for 15 minutes and then remove from pan.
• Once the cakes have cooled, spread cream cheese frosting in between each cake layer.
• Apply #ChefanieSheet & enjoy!
40 minutes active time, 70 minutes total time. Serves 6.
Note: This cake batter is enough for 3 or 4 4-inch cake pans.