Artichoke is one of the most beautiful vegetables, and it is even more elegant in risotto. Made in the Thermomix, it is easy too.
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 oz. evoo
- 4 oz. chopped cooked artichokes (I buy mine from Sogno Toscano)
- 10 oz. Arborio / Carnaroli rice (with 14-15 minute cook time)
- 2 oz. dry white wine
- 14 oz. water
- 14 oz. chicken/vegetable stock
- 1 t salt
- 3 oz. grated Pecorino Romano
- Place peeled onion in the mixing bowl. Chop 5 sec / speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl with spatula.
- Add evoo and sauté 3 min / 250F / speed 1.
- Add risotto rice and without measuring cup sauté 3 min / 250F / speed 1.
- When there are 45 seconds left, pause the machine and toss in artichokes. Restart the process.
- Add wine and without measuring cup cook 1 min / 212F / speed 1.
- Scrape the bottom of the bowl to loosen solids.
- Add water, stock, and salt. Place simmering basket on mixing bowl lid and cook 13 min / 212F / speed 1.
- Mix in Pecorino Romano.
- Serve immediately.
Serves 4. 15 minutes active time, 30 minutes total time.