- 1 beef tenderloin (approx. 3 lbs)
- Mom's Dry Rub
- Preheat oven to 425º F.
- Trim any fat and silver skin on the tenderloin.
- Coat the tenderloin with Mom's Dry Rub. I haven’t given an exact amount because it's up to you; I like to sprinkle over the entire the tenderloin, but it really depends how much salty you want.
- Place the tenderloin in a shallow roasting pan.
- Roast the tenderloin uncovered for 35-50 minutes or until desired doneness; if using an oven thermometer, the final roasting temperature is 135º F for medium rare (145º F after standing) and 150º F for medium (160º F after standing).
- Transfer meat to a cutting board and let stand for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Slice the tenderloin into 3/4 inch medallions.
Serves 10-12. 50-65 minutes total time, 15 minutes active time.
Serve with seasonal vegetables and potato purée.