- 1/4 c crushed hazelnuts
- 1 bag dry whole wheat pasta
- 1 T salt
- 1 T olive oil
- 4 cooked artichokes, quartered lengthwise (I love the canned artichokes from Sogno Toscano)
- 1/2 c cooked spinach
- 1/4 c grated pecorino romano
- Set pot of salty water to boil.
- Toast hazelnuts over medium heat. When they are aromatic and brown, set them aside in a bowl.
- When pot of salty water is boiling, add pasta. Stir with a wooden spoon.
- Pour olive oil into sauce pan and add artichokes. When the artichokes develop color, add spinach. Lower the heat.
- Toss in toasted hazelnuts. Mix gently.
- When the pasta is done cooking, drain it and add it to the sauce pan.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Serve immediately.
Serves 4. 20 minutes total time.