Chefanie's favorite vegetable is zucchini - so why not use it in a cake? This Zucchini Cake is similar to your traditional zucchini bread, but instead of having that dry, crumbly texture, this cake is moist and fluffy. It's the perfect amount of sweet and savory.
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 & 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup walnuts (optional)
- 4 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 teaspoon vanilla extract
- (Up to) 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Pre heat the oven to 350 F.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, cinnamon, salt, baking powder and baking soda, set aside.
- Using a hand held or stand mixer, beat zucchini, sugar, oil, and eggs.
- Slowly add the dry flour mixture to the wet mixture and mix until completely smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared one, 6-inch cake pan and bake approximately 40 min.
- While cake is in the oven, begin the frosting. In a large bowl, using a handheld or stand mixer (fitted with a whisk), beat the butter on medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- With the mixer running on low, add confections' sugar, vanilla, and salt.
- Increase to high speed and beat for 3 minutes.
- Taste. Add an extra pinch of salt if needed.
- Remove from the oven, let it cool at least 20 min before removing from the pan.
- Once the cakes have cooled, spread buttercream in between each cake layer.
- Apply #ChefanieSheet and enjoy!
Active Time 15 minutes. Total Time 1 hour & 30 minutes.