Cookie Dough Cake
When Chefanie isn't nibbling on cake crumbs, she is inhaling cookies. This cake is the best of both! Sure to please indecisive cake & cookie lovers for ever.
Vanilla Bean Cake with Chocolate Chips
- 2 cups flour
- 1 t baking powder
- 3/4 t baking soda
- 2 t salt
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 t vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- I cup of mini chocolate chips
Cookie Dough Filling
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 T whole milk
- 2 t vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups flour
- ½ t salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 15 oz semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 1/4 cups of sour cream, room temp
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350
- Prepare two 6-inch cake pans by spraying with Pam.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking power, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Using a hand-held or stand mixer, beat butter and sugar on medium until fluffy. Then beat in vanilla.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Gently beat in buttermilk until just combined.
- Slowly add flour mixture until completely smooth.
- Lastly, fold in the chocolate chips into the cake batter.
- Pour batter into prepared pans and bake for 50 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
While cakes are in the oven:
- For the cookie dough filling:
- Line the bottom of another 6-inch pan with parchment paper.
- Using a mixer, beat butter and brown sugar together on medium until fluffy. Then add the vanilla and whole milk.
- With the mixer on low speed, add flour, salt and chocolate chips.
- Pat dough down evenly on the 6-inch cake pan and refrigerate until ready to assemble cake.
- For the Chocolate Frosting:
- Begin frosting by melting the chocolate in a bain marie, stir it until melted.
- Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Whisk the sour cream, corn syrup and vanilla extract until combined. Slowly add the chocolate until the mixture is uniform.
- Taste, if needed, add more corn syrup one tablespoon at a time until it reaches the desired level of sweetness.
- Let it cool at room temp or in refrigerator until it reaches spreadable consistency (around 30 minutes).
- After removing cakes from the oven, allow the cakes to cool for 15 minutes and then remove from pans.
- To assemble the cake, use a serrated knife to cut off bumps on the cake to make layers flat.
- Stack a layer of cake, the cookie dough filling, and then top of with another layer of cake with chocolate frosting in between each layer!
- Spread chocolate frosting on the top & sides of the cake.
- Apply #ChefanieSheet & enjoy!