This is super simple, no bake dessert that evokes the classic Ice Box Cake concept but is kosher for Passover. This version mixes matcha powder into whipped cream for a beautiful, fresh take on the dessert.
- 2-3 square matzah sheets
- 4 cups of heavy cream
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup matcha powder
- 1 cup of fresh raspberries
- In a stand mixer with whisk attachment, mix the heavy cream on low speed until its consistency changes. Then, increase the speed to medium. As the cream looks more like whipped cream and less like a liquid, add the sugar gradually (keeping the mixer on). Then, add the matcha powder gradually.
- Line a square cake pan with plastic wrap, so the whole surface is covered.
- Using a spatula, cover the bottom of the cake pan with 1 layer of the matcha cream mixture. Then place 1 piece of matzah. Then cover the matzah with raspberries. Repeat the cream, matzah, and raspberry layers until the top. The top layer should be cream.
- Cover the cake with more plastic wrap. This will prevent it from getting dried out.
- Leave in the freezer for at least 8 hours.
- Unwrap the top of the plastic wrap, and place a serving platter on top of the cake pan.
- Flip the cake onto the platter until it is released. Remove the plastic wrap.
- Slice into squares, and enjoy!