Nothing's better than a hot bowl of soup to transition into fall. It was the perfect first course for Victory Club's Truffle Shabbat dinner... and it's perfect to have stocked in the freezer now that the chillier months are approaching.
- 50 g butter
- 1 medium onion (sliced)
- 350 g sliced baby bella mushroom
- 4 cups of chicken broth or water
- 1/4 tsp. of salt
- truffle oil (optional, but we recommend Urbani's White Truffle Oil)
- chives, finely chopped (optional)
- Turn on the oven to 350 F
- In a sheet tray, spread the sliced mushrooms evenly and put them in the oven for 20 minutes.
- While the mushrooms are in the oven, sweat the onion in a medium tall pot with the butter. Salt to taste.
- When the mushrooms are ready, add to the sweated onions. Cover with the chicken broth or water, add salt to taste. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 25 minutes.
- With a hand blender, puree the soup until it reaches the desired consistency. Season to taste.
- Serve hot and garnish with the parsley and a few drops of truffle oil (optional).
25 minutes active time; 1 hour total time. Serves 4.