Chestnut Maple Cake
Chefanie first discovered her love for cooking with chestnuts when she stayed with a French family who had roots in Ardèche, France. Chestnuts are in season around the holidays which makes them perfect for your entertaining recipes. Chefanie adds an American twist by incorporating maple syrup into the cake to give it some more sweetness.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups chestnut, mashed
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 4 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- (Up to) 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven 370 F.
- In a bowl sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Whisk sugar, butter, syrup, vanilla and chestnut together.
- Add the eggs, one at a time until is mixed.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and continue mixing.
- Pour the mixture into one, 6-inch cake pan and bake for 30 min.
- While cakes are in the oven, in a large bowl, using a handheld or stand mixer (fitted with a whisk), beat the butter on medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- With the mixer running on low, add confections' sugar, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Increase to high speed and beat for 3 minutes.
- Taste. Add an extra pinch of salt if needed.
- Once the cake is done, place on a rack to cool, then run a knife around the edges and place it on a plate to frost.
- Spread buttercream in between each cake layer.
- Apply #ChefanieSheet & enjoy!
Active Time 40 minutes. Total Time 1 hour & 30 minutes.