For her Pasta Dinner, Chefanie was determined to create a pasta-derived dessert that no one had tried before. She thought of cannolis, a beloved family dessert best bought on Arthur Avenue, and then of rigatoni's wide tubular shape. Then, bam: fried rigatoni filled with sweetened ricotta cheese and dusted with cocoa powder.
- Vegetable Oil
- 2 T Granulated Sugar
- 2 T Cinnamon
- 1 c Ricotta
- 2 T Confectioner's Sugar
- Cocoa Powder
- Mix ricotta and confectioner's sugar until well combined. Pop into a piping bag.
- Mix cinnamon and granulated sugar until well combined.
- Follow the pasta box's directions to cook rigatoni in salted water.
- Once tender, drain the pasta. Dab it dry.
- Heat 1 inch of oil in a very small saucepan until very hot, but not smoking. Add half of the pasta and fry until golden and crisp, about 2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel. Roll in sugar / cinnamon mixture. Repeat with the remaining pasta.
- When room temperature, fill each fried rigatoni noodle with the ricotta mixture.
- Garnish with cocoa powder.