For our dinner on Cloud 9, Chefanie whipped up some savory meringues -- with caviar on top! This was a fun easy 2-ingredient hors d'oeuvres that delighted guests.
- 8 egg whites
- 125g of caviar
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper
- Using the whisk attachment of a KitchenAid mixer, beat egg whites. Start on slowest setting and then increase speed until stiff peaks form.
- Using a soup spoon, gently dollop eggs whites into cloud-shaped puffs onto parchment paper
- Bake until firm, approximately 1 hour.
- Turn off oven and leave meringues in the oven for 6 hours without opening the oven door. This will dry out meringues!
- When ready to serve, add caviar to the meringues and plate!
Serves 16. 6.5 hours total time, 30 minutes active time.
Caviar Meringue Cloud Hors D'oeuvres on Chefanie Signature Tablecloth