1 Sheet-Pan Chicken and Cauliflower
This simple meal is given its golden color from turmeric. The fat rendered from the cooked chicken skin ("schmaltz") makes the cauliflower completely succulent. Plus, the oven does 65% work, and there are no dirty dishes! If you have a sweettooth, you can add 1t of sugar to the rub mixture. If you want to make a heavier meal, you can add diced potatoes to the pan when you add the cauliflower.
- 4 Chicken Thighs
- 1t salt
- 1t paprika
- 1t ginger powder
- 1t cayenne pepper
- 1T chopped garlic
- 12 oz. cauliflower florets
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Cover chicken thighs with mixture of 1t salt, 1t paprika, 1t ginger powder, 1t cayenne pepper, and 1T chopped garlic. Allow to marinate for as little as 10 minutes or as much as 24 hours.
- Cook Chicken Skin-Side Down on Parchment Lined Sheet Pan in oven for 10 minutes
- Add Cauliflower Florets, 1T olive oil, and 1t salt to the cooking chicken for next 10 minutes.
- Flip Chicken Skin-Side Up to cook for the last 10 minutes
Serves 2. 45 minutes total time, 15 minutes active time.