- 5 bundles of asparagus, with the white roots removed
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 vegetable stock container (8 oz)
- 1 container or mascarpone
- 1 bunch of chives, diced
- Roast 5 bundles of asparagus (20-25 mins at 425). Season with olive oil and salt.
- After the asparagus are roasted, sweat 1 shallot in olive oil in a soup pot over medium-low heat until shallot is translucent and soft. Season with salt.
- When shallots are clear, add 4/5 of asparagus to the soup pot. Add 1 Veg stock container (8 oz) and enough water to cover the vegetables.
- Raise heat and bring to a boil.
- Once boil is reached, bring to a simmer. Simmer for 20 mins. Remove from heat.
- Use immersion blender to make soup. Consistency should be smooth--no chunks of asparagus at all!
- Cut the remaining bundle of asparagus into 1.5 in pieces.
- Garnish the soup with a quenelle of mascarpone, diced chives, and asparagus pieces.
45 minutes total time, 30 minutes active time. Serves 12.