This roasted asparagus recipe is fool-proof and can be adapted to include a poached egg, be presented in an elegant cylindrical salad, or be thrown into a delicious breakfast frittata. These roasted asparagus are also strong enough to stand on their own :)
• 1 Bunch of asparagus (trimmed, with white bottoms removed)
• 1 T olive oil
• pinch of pepper
• Toasted sliced almonds (optional)
• Preheat oven to 400.
• In a casserole large enough for all your asparagus, lay them flat across surface.
• Pour oil across until well coated & mix around casserole thoroughly.
• Sprinkle with salt
• Roast in oven for 20 minutes, or until a sharp knife cuts through thickest point of asparagus effortlessly.
• Garnish with toasted almonds if you feel so inclined!
5 minutes active time, 25 minutes total time. Serves 2.