Thanksgiving Pop Tarts
One of the many benefits of Friendsgiving is its opportunity to experiment with Thanksgiving-food leftovers before Black Friday.
This year, Victory Club hosted a modernist Friendsgiving at Mana Contemporary. All of the components were delicious, so when we stuffed them into pockets of tart dough, we had a treat that was greater than the sum of its parts.
- 2 good pie crusts
- 1/4 cup cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup seasoned pumpkin purée
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- On a sheet of parchment paper, lay out the pie dough. It should be about 1/4 inch thick. If it is thicker, use a rolling pin to roll it thinner.
- Cut the pie dough into 6 rectangles that are 4 inches x 3 inches (Note: you can use a sugar box or another similar sized marker to make the rectangles a consistent size.) Place onto a parchment-paper lined baking sheet.
- Spoon a little cranberry, apple sauce, and pumpkin purée into the center of each rectangle.
- Cut 6 more rectangles in the pie dough and place them over the original 6, which are now covered in goodness.
- Use a fork to push the edges of the rectangles together.
- Dock the top pie crust (cut small holes in it)
- Brush the top pie crust with a beaten egg.
- Place in the over for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Voilà! Enjoy.
Serves 6. 10 minutes active time; 40 minutes total time.