This is a riff on a tiramisù recipe adapted for Passover. The matzah replaces traditional Lady Fingers -- hence the "tiramatzù" name.
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar + 1 T sugar
- 15 oz. mascarpone
- 4 egg whites
- 2 T amaretto + 2 T amaretto
- 6 Matzah squares
- 2 c coffee
- Cocoa powder (to garnish)
- Mix egg yolks and 1/2 c sugar until the yellow becomes pale. Mix in the mascarpone and 2 T amaretto
- Whip egg whites to stiff peaks. Fold into the mascarpone mixture.
- In a shallow casserole, combine coffee, 1 T sugar, and 2 T amaretto. Mix until the sugar dissolves.
- Dip the first matzah square into the coffee mixture for 30 seconds or softened.
- In a large glass bowl, place the first square and spoon over the mascarpone mixture. Repeat until all ingredients are used.
- Refrigerator 2-24 hours before serving.
- Dust with cocoa powder right before it is served.