Elevate your basic Vanilla Cake with a Truffle Cream Cheese Frosting! This cake was the star of our Truffle Shabbat last Friday.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 t baking powder
- 3/4 t baking soda
- 2 t salt
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 t vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
Truffle Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup Truffle Honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350
- Prepare three 4-inch cake pans by spraying with pam.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking power, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Using a hand-held or stand mixer, beat butter and sugar on medium until fluffy. Then beat in vanilla.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Gently beat in buttermilk until just combined.
- Slowly add flour mixture until completely smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pans and bake for 30 minutes.
- While cakes are in the oven, in a mixer with paddle, beat cream cheese until soft.
- Add the butter and keep beating until the mixture is soft.
- Add the truffle honey and vanilla extract. Beat for 5 minutes.
- Allow cakes to cool for 15 minutes and then remove from pans.
- Once the cakes have cooled, spread truffle cream cheese frosting in between each cake layer.
- Apply #ChefanieSheet & enjoy!
30 minutes active time, 1 hour total time. Serves 6.
Note: This cake batter is enough for three 4-inch cake pans.